Fun Easy Recipes For Kids was recently chosen to taste test the new Recipe Starters line of sauces from Progresso. We regularly use Progresso products at home – being a vegetarian, I eat their lentil soup, mixed with a cup of cooked ditilini pasta, at least 1-2 times a month – so I knew this was a product my family would enjoy.
The first meal we made was the Crispy Garlic Parmesan Chicken. This recipe makes four servings and is ready, start to finish, in thirty minutes. We altered the original recipe, but you can find their version here. This meal used the Creamy Parmesan Basil sauce, which is a creamy, full-bodied sauce that was inspired by alfredo and creamy pesto sauces.
|Crispy Garlic Parmesan Chicken||
- 4 boneless skinless organic chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy Parmesan basil cooking sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2/3 cup of Progresso® Italian style bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound of cooked bowtie pasta
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray. Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- In shallow dish, mix butter, 3 tablespoons of the cooking sauce and the garlic powder. In another shallow dish, mix bread crumbs and cheese. Dip chicken into butter mixture, then dip into bread crumb mixture to coat. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F) and coating is golden brown. Meanwhile, heat remaining sauce until hot. Serve chicken with pasta and sauce. Sprinkle with additional cheese.
My husband and two daughters absolutely loved it and there wasn’t a drop of left overs. My husband made this meal with help from my youngest daughter and he said it was so simple to prepare. They all agreed it was something they wanted to try again. My 13 year old said it was something she would have ordered in a restaurant. Two thumbs up from our family!!
Disclosure: Recipe Starter Sauces pack was provided by Progresso through MyBlogSpark.