If you looking for easy breakfast recipes for kids, check out these tasty ideas. :bowl: Older kids with more cooking experience, can do most of it alone. Younger children will need more supervision while they learn. :yes:
1 small banana
1/2 cup crunchy nugget cereal or favorite oat or corn cereal
1/2 cup low fat vanilla, blueberry or strawberry yogurt, or cottage cheese
1/2 teaspoon honey
1/2 cup pineapple tidbits or chunks
Maraschino cherries, optional
1. Peel and split banana lengthwise and place in banana split dish or cereal bowl.
2. Sprinkle cereal over banana, reserving some for topping.
3. Spoon yogurt or cottage cheese on top and drizzle with honey.
4. Decorate with reserved cereal, pineapple and cherries.
This colorful, delicious breakfast is so inviting, it may become a morning “must-have!” No need to worry about the same old breakfast. There are many different combinations of yogurt, fruit or cottage cheese you can choose, and they will all be popular and nutritious.
For example, if melon is in season try cantaloupe cubes instead of pineapple. Grapes could top the cereal, or fresh or frozen berries. Different cereal toppers will create different flavors and textures. Let your children choose their favorite fixings and watch how breakfast disappears!
6 tablespoons margarine
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup raisins
4 cups ready-to-eat oat cereal circles
1. Spray a square pan, 9”x9”x2”-pan with cooking spray.
2. In microwave, melt margarine in a large microwave-safe bowl at high power for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until melted.
3. Stir in peanut butter and marshmallows.
4. Microwave on high power for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until mixture is melted. Stir until smooth.
5. Add dry milk, cinnamon, raisins and cereal; stir until evenly coated.
6. With buttered hands, pat mixture into pan.
7. Cool thoroughly and cut into squares.
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon margarine
1 cup refried beans
4 flour tortillas
1/2 cup grated cheese
1/4 to 1/2 cup salsa
1. In a medium bowl, mix eggs and milk with a fork.
2. Melt margarine in skillet on medium heat. Stir in egg mixture and cook until firm.
3. Heat refried beans 1 to 2 minutes in microwave or in pan on stove top.
4. Soften tortillas in microwave or skillet. On each tortilla, put 1/4 the eggs, beans, cheese and salsa. Roll tortilla to eat.
Helpful Hints: They are called Breakfast Burritos, but could also be served as a main meal. Other ingredients such as green peppers, onion or mushrooms could be added for extra flavor.