My husband just made this last night and I had to get it posted for you right away. This is a great casual meal for when you’re having friends over. Like the Crispy Garlic Parmesan Chicken I posted a couple of days ago, this meal uses one of the cooking sauces from the new Recipe Starters line from Progresso.
This recipe serves eight and was ready in thirty minutes, start to finish. The original recipe called for 4 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken but we used shredded organic chicken instead.
|Pulled Chicken Sandwiches||
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ fire roasted tomato cooking sauce
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cups cooked and shredded organic chicken
- burger buns
- In 3-quart saucepan, mix cooking sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and chili powder.
- Heat to simmering over medium-high heat.
- Stir in chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium; simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve chicken mixture on each bun.
My husband Billy absolutely loved this sandwich. He said the sugar was a perfect way to take out some of the kick but still leave the flavor. The sauce was perfect for this meal. My daughters both enjoyed it and asked if we can have it again. Two thumbs up all around!!
Disclosure: Recipe Starter Sauces pack was provided by Progresso through MyBlogSpark.